Video Marketing: 10 Youtube Features to Know
Do you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google?
And in terms of general usage, is it the second largest social network after Facebook?
Whether you’re using it, or thinking about integrating it into your strategy, here are 10 features and tips for getting the most out of YouTube.
#1. Transform a YouTube video into GIF
Want to turn your .mp4 files into gif? Just a little sleight of hand!
- Select a video to watch on YouTube and look for the URL at the top of your browser. Add the word “gif” just before the domain name so that it reads: www.gifyoutube.com/[your-video-tag].
- A menu of options will appear to you to define the duration, the cropping, the legend of your GIF.
- Then click on create GIF, add a title and you will only have to share your creation.
#2. See the written transcript of a video
Each video uploaded to YouTube automatically generates a written transcript.
Open the video on YouTube and tap the “More” tab under the title of the video.
Choose “Transcription” from the drop-down menu. Even if the transcription is not perfect, this option will save you time.
#3. Create a collaborative video playlist
Did you know that your playlists can become a collaborative space? Here’s how to proceed:
- To add collaborators: Go to the Playlists page and open the playlist you want to collaborate on. Click on “Playlist Settings” and choose the “Collaborate” tag.
- Enable the setting for collaborators to add videos to the playlist.
#4. Save a video for later viewing
On YouTube, you can save videos in a “Watch Later” list to access them whenever you want. To do it :
- Open the video on YouTube and click on the “Add” icon under the title of the video.
- Check the box next to the playlist you want to add it to.
To access these videos, simply go to your YouTube homepage and choose “Watch Later” from the menu at the top left of your screen.
#5. Create a custom YouTube URL
To get a personalized URL on YouTube, you must have 100 or more subscribers, an icon photo … When you meet the criteria:
- Open your YouTube account settings and click “Advanced”
- If you qualify for a custom URL, you will be invited to claim yours by clicking on a link.
#6. Add a call-to-action on the video
To create a personalized call-to-action so that your video fulfills its original purpose, go to your video manager, press “Edit” and select “End screen and annotations” from the drop-down menu.
Next, choose the time of the video you want the CTA to appear, and tap “Add a card”.
#7. Add video effects with YouTube Enhancements
YouTube Enhancements lets you add creative effects to your videos.
To make improvements to an existing video, click your Video Manager and find the video you want to edit. Select the drop-down icon next to “Edit” to the right of the video, then select “Enhancements.”
#8. Make a live video on YouTube
Like on Twitter, Periscope and Facebook Live, live is possible on YouTube. But first you need to download the encoding software and configure it to use live streaming.
- Sign in to YouTube and click the “Upload” button at the top right of your screen.
- Find the “Live Streaming” module on the right side of your screen.
- Click “Start” in this module.
Before uploading, YouTube will first confirm that your channel is verified and that you have no live broadcast restrictions in the last 90 days. Once everything is set, you have two options for streaming: “Stream Now” and “Live Events”.
#9. Upload and watch 360-degree videos
To create your 360 ° video, you’ll need a compatible camera like the ones listed on the YouTube support page.
To watch a YouTube VR video, you do not need sophisticated equipment, great headphones, or use the Cardboard mode available on all YouTube videos, which works with Google Cardboard and many other virtual reality headsets.
#10. Use Google Trends to see video trends
What are the video trends of the moment? To find out, go to Google Trends. On the left, click on the 3 bars next to the logo and select “Trends on YouTube”.