Social networks: the new ecommerce platform?
Ecommerce and social networks are increasingly linked.
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become real sales channels for companies over the years and social commerce is more important than ever.
This infographic by 16best traces the evolution of social media and the growing importance of e-commerce on these platforms.
The importance of social e-commerce
- 87% of customers say that social networks help them decide on their purchases;
- 25% are looking for advice and advice on networks when they want to buy clothes;
- 90% seek to get in touch with brands via social networks;
The average order of the social buyer
- Instagram : 65 $
- Facebook : 55 $
- Pinterest : 50 $
- Twitter : 46, 29 $
- Google + : 40 $
- YouTube : 37, 63 $
- LinkedIn : 44, 2 $
The profile of social shoppers
More than half of social shoppers are between 25 and 44 years old. But the 45-54 years are also well represented with 21, 9%.
They are also 61% men and 39% women.
The impact of reviews on social networks
- Responding positively to the feedback you receive increases your perception of your brand by buyers by 71%;
- Positive reviews on a product can increase its price by 9, 5%;
- Positive evaluations increase conversions by 133% among mobile customers.
Sales by social network
- Facebook, with a market share of 38, 82% and a conversion rate of 1.85%;
- YouTube, with a market share of 26, 38% and a conversion rate of 1, 16%;
- Twitter, with a market share of 6, 21% and a conversion rate of 0, 77%;
- Pinterest, with a market share of 2, 13% and a conversion rate of 0, 54%;
- Instagram, with a market share of 2, 07% and a conversion rate of 1, 08%;
- LinkedIn, with a market share of 1. 58% and a conversion rate of 0.47%.
The best networks by sector of activity
- Facebook: photographs, pet supplies, sports and recreation, dropshipping, jewelery, clothing.
- Pinterest: antiques and collectibles, services, books and magazines, computer science.
- YouTube: Digital Products and Services, Automotive.
- Twitter: retail, furniture and office supplies, home and garden, gifts.
The most popular products on social networks
- Connected watches;
- Video bells;
- Beauty masks;
- Telephone hulls;
- Avocado oil;
- Bluetooth speakers;
- Virtual reality helmets …
Why do users follow brands on social networks?
- Promotions and discounts;
- The latest product information;
- Customer service ;
- Entertaining content;
- The ability to send feedbacks.
If you want to know even more, here is the full infographic: