What buyers prefer on an e-commerce site (Quick Study)
More and more online shoppers, so, but also ever more demanding. E-commerce is booming.
A study conducted by Smart Assistant focuses precisely on the expectations and preferences of these consumers in terms of e-commerce.
The expectations of online shoppers
Consumers have different expectations of online sales sites:
- 72% of them want to be able to trust their brand or favorite seller;
- 68% of respondents expect honest and personalized advice from the seller;
- 66% want their favorite merchant site to help them solve their problems quickly;
- 44% want to proactively provide recommendations and advice
- Finally, 32% want their favorite seller to know their preferences.
The importance of personalized advice and recommendations
86% of respondents consider it important that brands share their expertise by providing advice and recommendations.
According to a survey by Nielsen, 88 percent of Americans want to be rewarded in someway for sharing your product or service over social media.
That could mean, nearly 9 out of 10 of your customers are willing to spread the word to their networks for some sort of gift, discount, or benefit.
Takeaway: Use it or lose it! Your current clients are a rich source of word of mouth advertising. Give them the opportunity to come aboard your ambassador programme early on while they still have that “good feeling glow” and are most likely to be enthusiastic about sharing their new favourite brand with their friends.
Preferred additional services of online shoppers
Different additional services are popular with consumers who buy from online stores:
- Online counselors (72%);
- Cat support (68%);
- Assistance at a convenience store (64%);
- Telephone support (64%);
- The ability to filter products on the site (56%);
- Email support (56%)
- The use of a chatbot (56%);
- The ability to search a knowledge base (43%);
- The presence of a frequently asked questions (41%).
To learn more, you can take a look at the infographic below, which summarizes the main findings of the survey:
But before that, did you know you could transform your Instagram Profile into a complete Ecommerce?
Well check it here > Instagram Ecommerce